[Asterisk-Users] Aasterisk large-scale deployment w/analog phones

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 20:18:25 MST 2006

Hello,

We had over 100 ATA adapters in production 3 years ago. Now we have
less than 20. They use more power overall than Channelbanks, they are
not designed to be used 12-16 hours a day every day. You must
configure and test every one. They do not last as long as
channelbanks.

Using Channelbanks has saved us time and cost in fixing/replacing
equipment, We have not had to replace a single one of the ten
channelbanks we've had in place for the last 18 months. In the first
year of ATA usage, we had to replace 20% of our ATAs(overheating,
random dying, coffee, soda, other abuse).

As for initial purchase cost, ATA adapters are actually slightly
cheaper per port than channelbanks(if buying new).

MATT---