[Asterisk-Users] No Ringing Sound & No periodic-announce

Rene at Just For You Networks rene at just4unetworks.com.au
Thu Feb 16 17:38:44 MST 2006

Hi Asterisk Users,

I have Asterisk version 1.2.4 installed. My dial plan is working just fine
except for two things.

1. When I simulate an incoming call to the incoming context it is suppose to
ring 5 extensions all at the same time (see below)

        exten =>
s,1,Dial(${TOM}&${JARROD}&${ELS}&${KITCHEN}&${JULIE},${RINGTIME},r)

When I check in the Asterisk CLI (having set verbose to 3) I can see that it
does ring, but the person calling cannot hear the ringing sound. This is so
even after I have the r set in the above extension.

2. The other problem that I have, which was working, but has all of a sudden
stopped working is the
        periodic-announce = jfys-please-hold
        periodic-announce-frequency = 30 ; every 30 seconds

This was playing the announcement every 30 and now does not play it at all.
In the CLI I see no errors or any indication that it is playing.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rene,