[Asterisk-Users] Random Hangups/Disconnects

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Feb 16 16:17:10 MST 2006

> Well, I thought and hoped my issue of random hangups on our TDM400P were
> related to busydetect=yes in zapata.conf. The behavior of a call being
> hungup has not changed, however, since setting the busydetect option to
> 'no'. Again, the only affected user is my loud talker...
>
> What are some causes/solutions to seemingly random call disconnects on Zap
> channels that people have seen? I have busydetect=no, are there any other
> helpful bits to specify?

I've been running a TDM04b since they first came out. Had to RMA one due
to its 'early' version about a year ago, but the Rev I card now installed
is stable (as in no dropped calls). I've been running various Head versions
over the last two years in purely stock source code form with no call-
drop problems.

I'd suggest running ethereal on the LAN side with a mac address filter of
your loud talker's phone. The next time it drops the call, stop the trace
and look at the sip packets to see if asterisk is telling the phone to
hangup or whether the phone (or connections) failed, etc.

If you can't read an ethereal trace, send the last 100 or so packets to
me off list and I'll help you with that part.