[Asterisk-Users] 79xx's and call queues

Gary Richardson gary.richardson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 16:22:33 MST 2006

Hey,

I'm testing out some call queues. I have 7940's and 7960's with the
SIP 7.4image.

I have a queue that looks something like:

[testqueue]
strategy = rrmemory
timeout = 15
retry = 5
weight = 0
announce-frequency = 0
joinemtpy = yes
reportholdtime = yes

I dynamically add a phone or two to the queue (AddQueueMember, not agents).

When a caller calls in, connections are made and everything is fine. When a
second person calls in, each queue member that is currently in a call gets a
call waiting beep in a round robin fashion.

Is this how it happens on non-Cisco phones, or is there something with how
Cisco does line appearances causing this? This happens when 1 or more line
appearances are configured on the phone.

Thanks.