[Asterisk-Users] "No D-channels available!"

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Thu Feb 16 16:02:11 MST 2006

Michael Collins wrote:

>Ken,
>
>The zaptel.conf looks good as far as I can tell.  The only question I
>have is on the Zapata.conf - do you know for sure that the switchtype is
>supposed to be national?  Just curious.  My telco's are all set for
>4ess/5ess or dms100.

Yah, it is national -- not that that kept me from trying everything else
for the hell of it.  (I tried, in order, national, ni1, 4ess and 5ess.
None worked, but national -- which is what they told me the switch was,
to start with -- came by far the closest.)

>Second, can you do a "debug pri span 1" from the CLI and see what the
>output is?  I'm assuming that there's at least *some* communication on
>the D-channel since you're able to get inbound calls.  I'm just curious
>to know what's happening on the D channel when you are dialing out.

I can't.  It was a one-shot deal, as (because of the phone company) I
can only get the T1 turned to ISDN during work hours, which means that
my company's lines are down while I'm trying to switch over.  I realized
about 1 minute after I told them to revert that I should have gotten a
"debug pri" dump, but it was too late.

-Ken