[Asterisk-Users] RE: AGI Flakyness *sigh*

Freddi Hansen fh at danovation.dk
Thu Feb 16 10:00:27 MST 2006

> Subject:
> [Asterisk-Users] AGI Flakyness *sigh*
> From:
> "Douglas Garstang" <dgarstang at oneeighty.com>
> Date:
> Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:24:26 -0700
>
> To:
> "Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion"
> <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
>

> Well, I'm about ready to throw Asterisk across the room.
>
> Can someone tell me WHY, when you've sent a Dial command to Asterisk via AGI, if the callee hangs up the call, Asterisk sends a return code, but if the caller hangs up, it does not???
>
> This means if an agi script services a call, and after the two parties have finished speaking, the person who initiated the call hangs up, the agi script is still waiting for a result from stdin.... waiting.... waiting..... and it never gets anything because Asterisk didn't send a result code. Good grief!
>
> Doug.

Hi,
stop sounding like those people that blame their c-compiler whenever
they can't compile their 'Hello world'.
I you want help from this list then you shouldn't suggest that all the
help full people on this list aren't telling the truth when they tell
you that AGI actually works.
Start reading the wiki pages on requirements for writing our own python
program and then if it doesn't work: post the script involved and not
just a few lines from an error output.
Freddi