[Asterisk-Users] TE411P Really Bad Echo

Stagg Shelton asterisk at oneringnetworks.com
Thu Feb 16 09:11:42 MST 2006

This is my last update to my issue.  Finally my echo problem is
resolved.  On Monday morning 2/13/06 I pulled the the zaptel trunk
source.  That night after my customers core business hours we built the
new zaptel drivers, rebuilt libpri, asterisk, asterisk-addons.  My echo
disappeared almost entirely  we made a few tweaks with the tx and rx
gain settings.  My echo problem disappeared completely with the
additional tweaks to txgain.  Occasionally at the very beginning of a
local call echo will exist for a second or so, but then it goes away.

In two operating days there has only been one notice from a user about
experiencing an echo.  All the users were informed that they should
notify us of any echo experiences.

Here are my final configurations
zaptel trunk pulled 2/13/06 approx 10:00am est.
Asterisk 1.2.4
LibPri 1.2.2
Asterisk-Addons 1.2.1
Asterisk-Sounds 1.2.1

/etc/zaptel.conf
=====================
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24
#bchan=25-47
#dchan=48
#bchan=49-71
#dchan=72
#bchan=73-95
#dchan=96
fxoks=97-100
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
====================
context=from-pstn
switchtype=national
pridialplan=national
signalling=pri_cpe
resetinterval=never
faxdetect=incoming
usecallerid=yes
echocancel=yes
echotraining=800
rxgain=4.5
txgain=-13.5
group=0
channel=>1-23

Thank You for all of your pointers and support in this issue.

Stagg Shelton
www.oneringnetworks.com