[Asterisk-Users] Non sensical AGI Error

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Thu Feb 16 08:56:12 MST 2006

So, I went ahead and printed to stderr what I was sending to asterisk, and then I printed to stderr what I get back. You can see it on the Asterisk console of course. We have the dial command, immediately followed by the 'Invalid Command', and oh look... Asterisk then goes ahead and dials it anyway. Huh?

*CLI>
    -- Executing AGI("SIP/3250072-c5d3", "python/iptrouter.py|10001") in new stack
    -- Launched AGI Script /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/python/iptrouter.py
EXEC "DIAL" "SIP/10000|5|tr"
510 Invalid or unknown command
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (DIAL) Options: (SIP/10000|5|tr)
    -- Called 10000
    -- SIP/10000-486d is ringing
    -- Nobody picked up in 5000 ms
    -- AGI Script python/iptrouter.py completed, returning 0
  == Auto fallthrough, channel 'SIP/3250072-c5d3' status is 'NOANSWER'