[Asterisk-Users] G723 error

yusuf yusuf at ecntelecoms.com
Thu Feb 16 08:21:06 MST 2006

Matt,

I you dont define a sip user/peer and just use a dial, asterisk will
automatically use the codec that it prefers,  in my experince whenever i
dial SIP without defining a sip user/peer it always dials g711alaw/ulaw.

So in sip.conf in [general] (which would set codec choice for ALL sip
calls) or in the defined section for sip device/user/peer have
disallow=all
allow=g723