[Asterisk-Users] BT102 and ringtones

Aldo Bergamini aab.lists at nb-a.com
Thu Feb 16 05:43:42 MST 2006

Hi list,

any success trying to let internal calls ring differently than external
calls on a Grandstream BT102?

My settings, phoneside:

    Default Ring Tone:	  system ring tone
 x   custom ring tone 1, used if incoming caller ID is *
      custom ring tone 2, used if incoming caller ID is #
      custom ring tone 3, used if incoming caller ID is *#

This means that I checked the first custom option and entered * as
incoming caller ID

The dialplan side for this phone is:

exten => 2502,1,GotoIf($[${CALLERIDNUM:0:1} = 2]?2:5)
exten => 2502,2,SetCallerID(${CALLERIDNAME} <#${CALLERIDNUM}>)
exten => 2502,3,Goto(10)

exten => 2502,5,SetCallerID(${CALLERIDNAME} <*${CALLERIDNUM}>)
exten => 2502,6,Goto(10)

exten => 2502,10,Noop(${CALLERID})
exten => 2502,11,Dial(SIP/2502,30)
exten => 2502,12,Voicemail(u2502)
exten => 2502,13,Hangup()
exten => 2502,112,Voicemail(b2502)
exten => 2502,113,Hangup()

Knowing that my local (internal) extensions start with 2  the whole
thing means that if 2101 is calling 2502  the phone will see  #2101   as
calleridnum .

If somebody else is calling from outiside (say 0211223344) the phone will see
*0211223344 as callerid.

This confirmed on the display of the BT, as well as in the CLI.

Now, oddly enough whatever is checked as ring tone in the websettings is
always played with no regards to the beginning character.

With the setting example above #2101 calling would obtain ringtone one,
even if there is no trace of a *-character in the calleridnum.

Is it me, is it the evil fate, is it the BT102?

I even updated the firmware to Software Version:
Program-- 1.0.6.7    Bootloader-- 1.0.1.0    HTML-- 1.0.0.49    VOC-- 1.0.1.0

TIA,
Aldo