[Asterisk-Users] Channel bank woes - no outbound calls

james.texter at cox.net james.texter at cox.net
Wed Feb 15 14:43:38 MST 2006

So, I'm still having this problem with outbound calls not working when using a channel bank.  I've purchased a Rhino FXO channel bank from VoIPSupply.com to make sure it wasn't an equipment problem.  I am using a Digium TE411P card, and have simplified it down to just 1 port plugged into the channel bank, with just 1 analog line plugged in.  If I place an inbound call on the line, it goes through just fine.  However, if I attempt an outbound call, I get "Your call did not go through.  Please try your call again."  After much experimenting, I found out this happens if you dial some digits, but not enough for a full phone number.  My zaptel.conf looks like:

span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
fxsks=1
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

And my zapata.conf looks like:
[channels]
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
threewaycalling=no
transfer=no
echocancel=no

; define channels
group=1
context=from-pstn
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 1

And finally, extensions.conf looks like:
[from-pstn]
exten => 6080,1,Answer()
exten => 6080,2,Playback(hello-world)
exten => 6080,3.Hangup()

[internal]
exten => 5148346,1,Dial(Zap/g1/514836)

Anybody out there have any ideas on why all of the digits aren't being sent out?

Thanks,

James