[Asterisk-Users] Bridge Calls with G()

Prakash Rao Kanthi kanthip at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 15 13:45:21 MST 2006

Hi Guys,

This article was posted few days back. I thought i can get more info here.

I am trying to bridge two outbound calls together. (have a program start a
context, dial one party and then bridge another party)
I thought that the G() flag in the dial application would work.

I tried the the following test (continue down a dial plan). One station
calls into a context ... in this case, dials '55' to start the extenion

exten => 55,1,DBget(PHONE2=demo/phone2)
exten => 55,2,Playback(/recordings/prompt01)
exten => 55,3,Dial(${PHONE2},,rG(from-internal-custom, 55, 4))
exten => 55,4,Playback(/recordings/prompt02)
exten => 55,5,Hangup()

You would think that the two parties would hear prompt02 and each other in a
conversation ... this does not work. However:

exten => 55,1,DBget(PHONE2=demo/phone2)
exten => 55,2,Playback(/recordings/prompt01)
exten => 55,3,Dial(${PHONE2},,rG(from-internal-custom,55,4))
exten => 55,4,Playback(/recordings/prompt02)
exten => 55,5,Playback(/recordings/prompt04)
exten => 55,105,Hangup()

This works but the calling party hears 'prompt02' and the called party hears
'prompt04' & the two parties are NOT connected foa conversatoin - just like
the wiki describes

Does anyone know when the 'G()' flag will be fixed or any potential
work-arounds?

Thanks,
Prakash