[Asterisk-Users] Channel bleedover?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Feb 15 11:02:26 MST 2006

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 12:49, Paul A. Pringle wrote:
> Occassionally on calls we get what sounds like low volume channel
> bleedover.  Not clear enough to make out words, but not echo of either
> side of the main coversation.  We're using a Digium card with 11
> channels connected to PSTN lines.  Any ideas on what the problem is or
> how to go about troubleshooting?

I imagine you're talking about a TDM2400 here (you don't specifically mention,
but 11 lines suggests that is the case) -- I would first check your gains and
wiring; the TDM card shouldn't have any design issues which would cause
crosstalk like this, and once the information is digitized it's impossible to
get this effect unintentionally.  However it is trivial to have high gains
(or improper attenuation) cause crosstalk on analog circuits, especially
poorly wired cross-connects.

-A.