[Asterisk-Users] Newbie question

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Wed Feb 15 10:20:41 MST 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 08:59:22 -0800 (PST)
  housi mueller <melicf2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>  I would like to connect an Aasterisk Server with a
>Panasonic PBX (has E1extension).
>  I only need 4 Lines. So I  thought I could use an
>Dignum TDM04 Card with 4 FXO or a Dignum TE110P E1/T1
>card which is more expensive.
>
>  I dont now which card to take.
>
>  Please tell me what you think about. I appreciate all
>suggestions.
>
>  Thanks in advance
>
>  Housi Mueller

My personal preference would be to go with the E1/T1 now.
It would give you expansion opportunities in the future
between the Asterisk and the Panasonic, allow you to be
all digital between, and finally if you ever decided to
ever get rid of the Panasonic, you could pull a T1 from
the telco straight into the Asterisk box.

Spend a little more now and save in the future.

Just my $.02

Robert