[Asterisk-Users] asterisk silence suppression?

Dan Elder isbeen at izmedia.com
Wed Feb 15 09:21:37 MST 2006

Hi all, I'm getting some noise gate like effects on our sip lines & I think I need to disable silence supression, I'm searching docs & not finding where this can be set, does * have a setting to turn this off? basically what's happening is when we stop talking, the other end hears total silence, but when we talk, they can hear the background noise in the office, this sounds odd to the receiving end and I'd like to turn it off if possible... I'm using these Zultys zip2 phones and they dont' have any silence suppression settings, so it seems that I cant' turn it off there.. any leads?

Thx as always