[Asterisk-Users] Aasterisk large-scale deployment w/analog phones

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 05:38:32 MST 2006

Hello,

If you are doing that many analog extensions you might want to
consider 4 channelbanks and a quad T1 card instead(or two 2-port cards
in two servers). Four TDM24XX cards will draw a whole lot of power and
would be much harder to replace than an exterior channelbank if
something goes wrong with one of them. Cost should be about the same
overall(depending on which channelbanks you buy), except you will be
able to use a much smaller server case with the quad T1 card.

The most we have done is two channelbanks off of a quad T1 card in a
single machine and it works just fine.

MATT---