[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk errors configuring for PRI

phil.dawson at marnock.com phil.dawson at marnock.com
Wed Feb 15 04:44:16 MST 2006

I moved the card to a different pci slot and that removed the error.

thank you!

Phil.

yusuf <yusuf at ecntelecoms.com>
Sent by: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
14/02/2006 15:32
Please respond to
Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>

Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk errors configuring for PRI

phil.dawson at marnock.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just compiled asterisk and get errors when trying to run it.  Am I
> right in thinking that if my digium card is not plugged into our ISDN
> line then this is normal.  If I replace zapata.conf with a blank zapata
> file asterisk runs fine.  The reason I ask is we don't yet have ISDN
> installed in our new premises but I have to configure asterisk before we

> go in.
>
> The errors I see are:
>
> WARNING[3227]: chan_zap.c:923 zt_open: Unable to specify channel 1:
> Device or resource busy
> ERROR[3227]: chan_zap.c:6879 mkintf: Unable to open channel 1: Device or

> resource busy
> ERROR[3227]: chan_zap.c:10311 setup_zap: Unable to register channel
'1-8'

> etc ...
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Phil.
Hi Phil,

No, the line does not have to be plugged in, the card just has to be
setup correctly for asterisk to see it.

after you compiled zaptel and asterisk you need to do
modprobe zaptel
modprobe wcxxxx  (whichever card you have)
ztcfg -vv

this is assuming you have setup zaptel and zapata

or you could do a 'make config' in zaptel folder, then restart pc, it
would modprobe for you.  'lsmod' would show what is loaded.