[Asterisk-Users] Polycom buddy watch limit of 7

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Feb 14 19:55:14 MST 2006

Mike Pollitt wrote:

> I've got a Polycom 601 with the sidecar unit all working with extension
> hints and what Polycom calls the Buddy Watch feature. I can see the state of
> extensions, but there seems to be a limit of 7 that I can monitor at any one
> time.

Polycom is apparently not going to increase this limit. The solution
will be for Asterisk to support the BLA portion of the SIP-B
specification, which we will work on soon. However, that work will only
go into the development branch, and will not be in a released version of
Asterisk until 1.4 is released this summer.