[Asterisk-Users] Adjusting frequency asterisk sends NOTIFY's to ATA's at for MWI.

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at digitalpath.net
Tue Feb 14 17:25:52 MST 2006

I'm trying to figure out how Asterisk decides how often it will send SIP
NOTIFY's to an ATA when a voicemail message is waiting for the user on the
server.

>From watching, it seems to be completely random.  Sometimes 10 seconds
apart, then 33 seconds, then 13 seconds, etc.  Each time causes a "ring" on
the ATA.  I can change the ATA's behavior, but what I'd really like to do is
just modify Asterisk to send a MWI NOTIFY every 10 minutes or so.

Is there a config option I've missed or is this behavior that I'd have to
modify in the source code?

Ray