[Asterisk-Users] TDM04B/TDM2401E Card

housi mueller melicf2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 16:07:59 MST 2006

Hello,

  The cards you referenced are BRI cards. We are located in México and do not use ISDN.  Instead I could install a optional E1 interface to the D-1232 and purchase for example a TE110P card from Digium.

  But this solution will cost a lot more money and I am limited with my budget. I dont no if it is worth to spend that extra money. I need to find the best cost effective solution.

  I appreciate all suggestions.

  Thanks

  Housi Mueller

bbench at mail.bg wrote:
  On Monday 13 February 2006 20:43, housi mueller wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I plan to use Aterisk in our small office. Until now we used a Panasonic
> D-1232 Super Hybrid System. The figure is representing the future
> configuration I where thinking about to have in the office.
>
> Question 1:
> We need only 4 lines and I thought to buy a TDM04B or a TDM2401E card.
> There is quite a price difference. Which card would you recommend me to
> buy.
>
> Question 2:
> Is such a configuration as shown on the figure with a TDM04B/TDM2401E card
> at all realizable?
I am not familiar with that model in particular, but I've done some
reasurch about D500. I think all of them have BRI interface so you may
consider a BRI http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/page17.html
or http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/Server-Produkte/C4/index.js.html
or http://www.eicon.com/worldwide/products/MediaGateways/diva-server-v4bri.htm
to interconnect Panasonic and your Asterisk.
By my opinion Digium cards are more end user/provider oriented which is
not your case. Like they say "card that supports FXS and FXO station
interfaces for connecting analog telephones and analog POTS lines through a
PC".
Let me know how did you do it.
benchev