[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream hold one way audio -URGENT

Ronald Voermans r.voermans at global-e.nl
Tue Feb 14 13:05:22 MST 2006

Hi all,

At our customer site i've installed one asterisk server with 20
Grandstream GXP2000's. Firmware 1.0.1.9. When someone dials the
customer, the receptionist picks up, and does an attended transfer (the
'grandstream way') to a collegue. Most of the times this goes ok, but
sometimes, when the receptionist puts the call on hold, and tries te
reconnect to the caller there's only one-way-audio. The receptionist can
hear the caller, but the caller cannot hear the receptionist! I've done
several ngreps etc. and I can see that traffic is going from asterisk to
the receptionist phone, and vice versa.

I can predict when this is going to happen: when the receptionist places
the call on hold, the caller doesn't hear musiconhold. If the caller
does hear musiconhold then everythings goes well. Asterisk states in
both occassions that it is starting musiconhold, and again, with ngrep i
can see the RTP traffic going from asterisk to the caller and
vice-versa.

I'm thinking this is a problem with the Grandstream phones, but I'm not
sure. I upgraded to of the phones to firmware 1.0.1.12 today, and will
contact the customer tomorrow if it had helped. Has anyone ever seen
this kind of behavior with Grandstreams/Asterisk?

Thx,

Ronald