[Asterisk-Users] Solution for 1 time blast of 200, 000 recorded calls

asterisk at anime.net asterisk at anime.net
Tue Feb 14 12:34:46 MST 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Ron Senykoff wrote:
> It's a basic GOTV (Get Out The Vote) drive, with just a short message
> to encourage people to come out to the polls. It has nothing to do
> with asking for any money, etc. Just a short message to people who
> belong to the party from their candidate.

I just did a quick office poll and everyone agreed if a party candidate
did this to them, they would vote for the candidate's opponent. The office
is rarely unanimous in political matters so this was a pretty interesting
result to me.

I'm pretty sure the feeling is universal.

Like I said there is a special place in hell for people who do this.
Unsolicited is unsolicited, no matter the content. The last thing people
want is an unsolicited call from a _politician_.

-Dan