[Asterisk-Users] ChanIsAvail

Joseph Tanner joseph at thetechguide.com
Tue Feb 14 08:42:25 MST 2006

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but why not just have asterisk
dial all the phones regardless?  No need to check what's available or
not, just dial all of them.  If you don't want users on the phone to
hear a call-waiting beep, just make sure call-waiting is disabled.
Any phones that are able to ring will do so, the ones that are busy
obviously will not.

If I am missing something, let me know, but this seems to be the
easiest solution and will do what you said you need.  Dial all phones,
and all that are available will ring, the rest will just return a busy
message which asterisk should ignore, as long as one phone somewhere
is not busy.  I haven't run into this, but I would assume if all
phones were busy that asterisk would then go to priority +101, so you
could send them straight to voicemail.

Joseph Tanner