[Asterisk-Users] Guidance need for trunking using SIP

John Joseph jjk_saji at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 08:25:11 MST 2006

Hi
   I need guidance  for trunking two asterisk servers
, I have two fixed IP address machines  192.168.20.5
and 192.168.20.10 , now I wanted  the users of each
servers to dial to other server
                I tried a lot  was not successful ,
after a lot try with IAX  I decided to try  routing
through sip , but not able to
                    I  request guidance and also link
for any  working configuration for SIP trunking
                Thanks
                      Joseph John

my first server has
sip.conf  contains
register => hoportal:secret at 192.168.20.5
[hoportal]
type=friend
username=hoportal
secret=secret
host=192.168.20.5

extensions.conf  contains
exten => _4XXX,1,Dial(SIP/hoportal/${EXTEN:1},30,r)

my Second  server has the following configuration
sip.conf
[joseph]
type=friend
username=joseph
secret=joseph
host=dynamic
context=project

[hoportal]
type=friend
username=hoportal
secret=secret
host=dynamic

extensions.conf contains
exten => joseph,1,Dial(SIP/joseph)
exten => hoportal,1,Disk(SIP/hoportal)
exten => _3XXX,1,Dial(SIP/hoportal/${EXTEN:1},30,r)