[Asterisk-Users] Lucent Avaya Partner ACS T1 module

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 07:26:32 MST 2006

I'm trying to connect an Asterisk system to an Avaya Partner ACS R6
system. The problem I'm having is that I cannot get the partner system
to get CallerID over the T1 modlue. The partner is using the T1 with E
& M signalling (which I don't think can be changed), and whatever I
tried didn't work. My only option right now is to get FXS ports on the
Avaya side plugged into the Partner and deliver CallerID that way, but
I would like to avoid this.

Here is my setup:
PSTN < Adit 600 FXO card > Asterisk Digium single span T1 <Adit 600
TDM controller> Avaya Partner T1 card.
It realy is the same Adit 600 that connects to both the Asterisk and
Avaya system. I just cross connected the FXO to the first 8 channles
on the first T1 in the Adit, and then cross connected the 16 leftover
channels from the first T1 to the top 16 (9-24) channels on the second
T1 of the Adit, Asterisk is connected to the first T1, and the Avaya
is connected to the second T1. Asterisk is getting the CallerID from
the FXO cards, it's just that asterisk is not passing it on to the
Avaya, or the Avaya is not taking it.

Here is my /etc/zaptel.conf:
span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
fxsks=1-8
e&m=9-24
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us

Here is my /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf:
[trunkgroups]
[channels]
language=en
context=incoming
switchtype=national
signalling=fxs_ks
rxwink=300
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=no
threewaycalling=no
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=no
callreturn=no
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
immediate=no
channel => 1-8
signalling=em_w
group=2
context=avayaout
callerid=asreceived
channel => 9-24

Here is my /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf:
[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=no
autofallthrough=yes
clearglobalvars=yes
priorityjumping=yes

[globals]

[incoming]
exten => s,1,Noop(${CALLERID(all)})
exten => s,2,Dial(Zap/g2/01,8)

;I'm using DID to tell the Avaya what to ring, since the stupid Avaya
will not let me use a channel set as DID and not send the DID, it will
just wait for the digits. Another problem, once it rings one call
group (using the DID) it doesn't fallback to the Avaya VM, which is
the way I want it for now, until we move the AA over to Asterisk. This
01 just points to a calling group within the Avaya DID mapping.

exten => s,3,Wait(.3)

;This is here so that the Avaya detects the Hangup, other wise at the
next step it doesn't realize it has to wait for new DID digits.

exten => s,4,Dial(Zap/g2/00)

;This is a DID that is mapped to the Avaya VM within the Avaya. I will
get rid of this as soon as the AA is moved to Asterisk, in which case
only DID will be used

[avayaout]
exten => _X.,1,Noop()
exten => _X.,2,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN})