[Asterisk-Users] Manager cmd: originate without picking up the fone?!

Ravi Shankar rbalakri at netd.com
Mon Feb 13 21:49:00 MST 2006

Here is what you have to do with the call files. I think similar thing
can be done with manager API "originate" command just translate/format
into corresponding manager API option.

The .call file should appear something like this and it has to be placed
in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing of asterisk-1,

Channel: local/3001 at sip ; Any extension can be called using
local/<extension>@<context>
MaxRetries: 2
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 30
Context: sip
Extension: 2001

In asterisk we should have the following entries in extensions.conf file,

[sip]
exten => 3001,1,MyOriginateScript()
exten => 3001,2,Hangup

2001 is the called party and as soon as he answers MyOriginateScript()
will pick up the call. Hope this helps.

regards,
Ravi