[Asterisk-Users] Terminating AGI Scripts

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Mon Feb 13 21:26:58 MST 2006

I've noticed that Asterisk AGI scripts don't terminate when a call is answered. Does anyone know how to do this? I would think that this would be a very big problem, if the scripts stayed in memory, doing nothing, until the call terminates.

Not only do you have to have a process for routing each call, but all the previous calls, that are still in progress, also have scripts running. It wouldn't take very long for even the best system to become overloaded with processes.

Wouldn't matter if it was AGI or FastAGI ether. Threads or processes, either way it's a resource that is essentially unbound, especially if you service lots of long calls. Once a call is answered anyway, I don't see a need for the script to continue running. Asterisk has done it's thing.

Doug.