[Asterisk-Users] Re: Why is asterisk ignoring my context?

Joseph Tanner joseph at thetechguide.com
Mon Feb 13 12:06:12 MST 2006

If you send it to a different context, you still have to have the
appropriate extension, i.e.:

[test]
Exten => 555-555-5555,1,NoOp(test)

I've also noticed that with providers that I don't register with, who
just blindly send the call to the same address (i.e., IPKall), context
seems to be ignored.  If the default context is [default], and you
want it to be sent to the [test] context, just use a goto line, i.e.:

[default]
Exten => 555-555-5555,1,Goto(test,s,1)

And then it'll be sent to:

[test]
Exten => s,1,NoOp(test)

You could send it to any context/extension.  I use this trick to send
calls from multiple providers coming in different ways (iax, sip, zap)
to the same context/extension, so I only have one context to edit
instead of many.

Hope that helps some.

Joseph Tanner