[Asterisk-Users] Waiting for your help...

yrving rivas yrvingr at yahoo.com.mx
Mon Feb 13 07:37:07 MST 2006

Thanks Tzafrir:

  I am apologize because of my language problems writing the subject.
  I am not good at english.
  So thanks for telling me I am doing it the wrong way, and I will be
more carefully next time.

  Help me if it is possible to you.

The Asterisk version is 2.1 wich I downloaded trhough
http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net/.

  To install de fax to email support I followed the instructions in

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk%40Home+Handbook+Wiki+Chapter+8

  How do I trace and how do I post my configuration files?.
  I have some about asterisk programming, I know some in
programming, and a good learner

  Plz.

  Yrving

Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir at cohens.org.il> escribió:  On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 05:25:37AM -0600, yrving rivas wrote:
> Hello every one.
>
> This is a question done by me, not yet answered. Please, help.

How about a decent subject for your message?

> I:
>
> 1. Run install-pdf from linux to support faxes on my asterisk.

Of what software package, exactly?

What version?

What version of Asterisk?

What OS/distro? What version of it?

> 2. Made the configurations throuhg AMP in
> a. Setup->Inbound Routing->(the only route I have)->fax extension->System
> b. Setup->Inbound Routing->(the only route I have)->fax email->(my email)
> c. Setup->Inbound Routing->(the only route I have)->Immediate Answer-> yes
> d. Setup->Inbound Routing->(the only route I have)->pause after answer-> 2
> e. Setup->General Settings->fax machine for receiving faxes->system
> f. Setup->General Settings->Email address to have....->(my email)
> 3. as a good boy made a test call from a fax, and it reports that couldn´t send the fax ( what means the aste risk couldn´t receive it).
>
> I didn´t receive any fax. What can I do to receive them?
>
> Tips:
> 1- In my configuration I have a TDM04B.
> 2- I receive via email the voice mail messages left to any extension.

Looks like a CLI trace would come in handy.

> In other hand (and not related to this case, as you will see):

No, I'm not sure. AMP's dialplan is a mess, and there's no telling what
a naive change to it will do.

> I made changes to the extensions.conf file through AMP to construct a call forward on no answer, but at the next day all programming was like at beggining. What should I do to make the changes for ever?

amp normally does not override extensions.conf (except, maybe on upgrade
time).

Anyway, posting your modified extentions.conf may help. Your
extensions_additional.conf may help as well.

--
Tzafrir Cohen | tzafrir at jbr.cohens.org.il | VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's