[Asterisk-Users] Best quad-port fxo solution with EC?

asterisk at anime.net asterisk at anime.net
Mon Feb 13 03:17:15 MST 2006

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, gw at adcomcorp.com wrote:
> I am trying to figure out which way to go for a quad port fxo solution
> with a good echo can on it.  My options are the sangoma remora, a
> mediatrix fxo, or something similar.
>
> The issue is that I would need a good EC.  This would be on about a 9000
> foot loop, and the lines don't function well on a spa-3000 or zaptel tdm
> 4 port card.
>
> Anyone have experience that drives them in a certain direction when
> considering a good ec on a quad port?
>
> I tried this also with some fxo clones, but echo killed it.

yes, the spa3k only seems to work well on short loops. on long loops (or
cell calls) you can pretty much forget it, it suffers horrendous echo.

i am also searching for fxo gateways which don't suck, in my research I
have compiled a list. maybe some listmembers can fill in the missing data:
http://bani.anime.net/gateways/

it is hard to get all the data since some vendors do not want to publish
it (which i guess should be a real warning sign)

-Dan