[Asterisk-Users] Dundi Examples

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Sun Feb 12 12:55:24 MST 2006

At 08:44 AM 02/12/2006, you wrote:
>That's incorrect as the book was written for 1.2. Old documentation
>was written for 1.0 (as there was no 1.2 work going on at that time).

That might be so, but that would indicate to me that 1.2 changed
quite a bit between when the book was written and when it was
released or the book is so beginner oriented that anything past real
simple requires referring to the wikki. But I still think the book is
a 1.0 book with some small updates to talk about 1.2. Page 81 has a
set off box that says "Version 1.2 or Asterisk adds" and it still
talks about priority + 101 for writing dial plans, a method that
should be forgotten or only mentioned as back in the days of 1.1 we
had to do it this way.

I didn't say it's not a good book, I read it on line which convinced
me to go forward with Asterisk, and those memories caused me to buy
the book for reference but once I was writing dial plans for real I
realized that it was missing way to much information about 1.2 to be
as useful as I'd hoped.

Ira