[Asterisk-Users] Problem with Wait() and chan_capi-cm?

Florian Heer heer at ueberdosis.de
Sun Feb 12 12:39:35 MST 2006

Hello Armin,

Armin Schindler wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Feb 2006, Florian Heer wrote:
>

>>Armin Schindler wrote:
>>

>>>But: if there is a call signaled, the switch has a timeout (about 4 or 5
>>>seconds), this timeout can be extended by sending ALERT (Ringing).
>>>

>>Okay, is the timeout necessary? Or: is this short timeout necessary? It
>>appears in the sip-context the timeouts are much longer.
>>

>Maybe, but that timeout is given by your ISDN provider.

Ah, okay, I understand, I thought that was a timeout in chan_capi, then
I'd have wondered, if there was any reason for that.

>There is no need to create a loop. Just one Ringing() is enough.
>The first ALERT (Ringing) signales the switch to incease the timeout
>from 4-5 seconds to 2 minutes or so.

Thank you very much, now I have a working version that also looks nice
enough :-)
exten => 12345,1,Dial(SIP/me,30)
exten => 12345,n,VoiceMail(su12345)
exten => 12345,n,Hangup()