[Asterisk-Users] Problem with Wait() and chan_capi-cm?

Florian Heer heer at ueberdosis.de
Sun Feb 12 09:22:49 MST 2006

Hi!

Armin Schindler wrote:

>there is a bug, I would need a full log (set verbose 5 ; capi debug) to
>find out.

Of course you would, I just didn't know if it was one.

>But: if there is a call signaled, the switch has a timeout (about 4 or 5
>seconds), this timeout can be extended by sending ALERT (Ringing).

Okay, is the timeout necessary? Or: is this short timeout necessary? It
appears in the sip-context the timeouts are much longer.

>So you should do
> exten => 12345,1,Ringing()
>(or after the unsuccessful Dial())
>to make sure the ISDN call gets ALERT in that case.

Yes, that does what I expect. My extensions now are:
exten => 12345,1,Dial(SIP/me,30)
exten => 12345,2,VoiceMail(su12345)
exten => 12345,3,Hangup()
exten => 12345,102,Set(COUNT=10)
exten => 12345,103,While($[ ${COUNT} > 0 ])
exten => 12345,104,Set(COUNT=${COUNT}-1)
exten => 12345,105,Ringing()
exten => 12345,106,Wait(3)
exten => 12345,107,EndWhile()
exten => 12345,108,VoiceMail(su12345)

Could probably be a bit tiedier, but at least it works.

Thank you, Florian.