[Asterisk-Users] attended call transfer

Phil Blundell pb at reciva.com
Sun Feb 12 08:04:26 MST 2006

Probably because this isn't the way that a lot of other PBX systems
work.  It's not always easy to educate users about the difference
between a blind and attended transfer when the systems that they've used
in the past don't make this distinction.

Disconnecting the outside caller certainly doesn't sound like a
desirable response if you hang up the transferring extension while the
transfer destination is ringing.  I would kind of expect it to either
degenerate into a blind transfer or return the call to the transferring
extension; I can't, offhand, think of any likely situation in which I'd
want to summarily hang up on the caller at that point.

p.