[Asterisk-Users] Sendmail with exchange

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Sat Feb 11 17:02:28 MST 2006

On 13:44, Sat 11 Feb 06, Sean Cook wrote:

> The only way you would need authenticated SMTP is for relaying.  My
> suggestion would be to not set up sendmail to use a smart host but have
> it act as an internet mail server.  It will lookup the mx records and
> make the sending determinations based on the domain it is sending to.

Actually this is only true when your ip is a static one that
you can list as provider ip.
A lot of blacklists put all the cable and dsl enduser ip's
somewhere under "dynamic or domestic use"
A lot of mailservers will block this.

Sorry for being totally unrelated to asterisk, but this has
been a big issue for several of my clients asterisk boxes.

> The exchange server should accept (with out authentication) anything
> that it is addressed to a locally hosted domain.

When it's internal this should work. Otherwise, see my point
above

--
Michiel van Baak
http://michiel.vanbaak.info