[Asterisk-Users] Busy signalling for mobile callers ?

Tristan Graham { Skymarket Limited } tristan.graham at skymarket.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 14:45:50 MST 2006

Hi folks,

Got an oddity that a user has raised to do with busy signalling and
inparticular when calling from a mobile phone. It seems that the
behaviour when calling * is slightly different to the norm i.e. If I
call an engaged landline number directly from my mobile then the mobile
gives engaged tone plus displays "number busy" then hangs up. If however
I call * and pass the call simply to "Busy" then I get either the
regular engaged tones (priindication=inband) or three short tones
followed by hangup (priindication=outofband). I thought this might be
down to iSDN being in the path but I have tried a similar test using a
PBX on an iSDN 30 and that seems to act normally.

Can anyone verify this behavour and tell me if it is normal or bug worthy ?

This is tested on asterisk 1.2.1, caller and callee in UK.

Tristan.