[Asterisk-Users] TE411P Really Bad Echo

Mike Clark mike at infoanywhere.com
Sat Feb 11 13:47:15 MST 2006

Stagg Shelton wrote:

> It was Digium's opinion that perhaps the card had a VPM.  We got a
> replacement TE411P, I implemented it tonight and still the exact same
> echo problem.  At this point I feel like I can rule out failed hardware.
>
> I contacted Digium support and now they are telling me it's something
> with my carrier, and I should call them.  I called Bellsouth, and they
> ran a full stress test on the circuit taking me offline for about 30
> minutes.
>
> The end result is that the circuit test passed with no errors.
> Bellsouth says it's not in their network, Digium says its not their
> card, and I have a te411p with VPM disabled in the wct4xx kernel
> module because something doesn't work the way it should.  My customer
> is wanting to know about sangoma cards with the echo cancellation, and
> at this point I'm nervous to recommend any hardware.  I'm going to
> look into the sangoma that you suggested.  Are there any other kinds
> of products that I could look into either Passive or Active.
>
> Thanks
>
> Stagg Shelton
> www.oneringnetworks.com

If you only need a single span, think about using a single span Digium
or Sangoma  card without echo cancellation and then use an external
hardware echo canceller such as Tellabs or Orion Telecom. We have a
customer using a Sangoma A101 that had some lingering echo, so we
purchased the Orion Telecom "desktop" T1 echo canceller. That cleared
things up and we've had no complaints in the almost two weeks since it
has been installed. We've got another one on the way for a second site.

Mike Clark