[Asterisk-Users] Problem with CLI output on Asterisk@Home

Cosmin Prund cosmin at adicomsoft.ro
Sat Feb 11 04:12:09 MST 2006

Hello Gurus, here's my problem:

I downloaded and installed Asterisk at Home (the version sporting Asterisk
1.2.4) and now I've got the following problem on the CLI output console
(Alt+F9): Most text is fine, except something that looks to me like
parameters. I don't really know how to explain this so I'm going to give an
example:

It show text like:
<sample>
Goto (loca_gateway,cifra,500)
Executing XXXXXX("XXXXXXXXXX", "X") in new stack
Playing 'digits/1' (language 'en')
Executing XX("XXXXXXXX", "XXXXX") in new stack
</sample>

In my sample all the XXXX text is actually something impossible to reproduce
with a keyboard. It looks like code-page hell. It looks like random chars
with code > 128!

Everything else looks fine.
Is there a way to fix this? Where do I look?