[Asterisk-Users] Chan capi failing post build 8015, possible causes?

gw at adcomcorp.com gw at adcomcorp.com
Sat Feb 11 01:44:16 MST 2006

Hello List and Armin,

I have been trying to narrow down my problems with getting chan_capi to
function properly.  It seems that anything above build 8015 causes a
segfault on dial or receive.

The problem almost seems sporadic, and is certainly related to sip or
iax channels.

As soon as I update to build 8016, the problem starts. 8015 is fine.

For example, if I direct the number right to a menu, gsm plays fine.  As
soon as I dial a digit, when it tries to connect to a sip channel the
call drops.

On more frequent occasions, asterisk will segfault.

It happens all in the first calls.

What I tried doing was a clean asterisk install, with only demos, then
installing chan-capi 0.6.4, and directing the number to the demo menu.
Call still drops...

This also happens exactly the same on two different servers, both with
eicon diva server bri cards.

Build 8016 seems to address times and dates, and I did notice that the
system will die on a gotoiftime statement, but even if I take it out
there are still problems.

At first I thought it could have to do with the monitor command, but
that was not it.  Then I noticed if I was dialing with a /B, there could
be issues too...

Any ideas?  This is quite odd, and I'd like to be able to take advantage
of the newer builds...

Also, I do not have enough experience to reverse the effects of build
8016 only, and jump to a higher build without the diffs.

This is on a debian test system, with gcc 3.3.5.

I am willing to try this on another distro, but would need advice on
which direction to go.

I finally patched 8015 for the timebomb fix, so now I can have proper
dates.

Regards,
Greg