[Asterisk-Users] Echo PSTN Asterisk@Home 2.0 Digium TDM11B & DSL

David K Parker davparker at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 00:19:13 MST 2006

Oh, forgot... from what I understand, my problem was due to an impedence
mismatch. This adjusts the DB levels to compensate. I spent many many hours
following the various guidelines for combatting echo, but with one 2 minute
conversation with Mark, he was able to pin it down. The key I believe was
the loudness of the echo. The echo was as loud as my voice when I spoke.
Using ztmonitor to adjust rx and tx gain had absolutely no noticeable
effect. Also,  under normal circumstances, apparently echo should never
occur when calling from an FXS connected analog phone out an FXO port to the
telco. I had been on a wild goose chase all along. This must be a new fix as
the front line Digium support was unaware. I had to specfically mention it
per Mark's conversation.