[Asterisk-Users] Re: Problem with Incoming Caller ID on Nufone Since Upgrade

Robert DeVries rdlists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 14:37:58 MST 2006

I did some more testing and found some strange behavior.

If the incoming call to the Nufone 800 number has blocked caller ID, then
the SIP devices will show "unknown" for the caller ID but the voicemail
notification email will show the number, on the same call.

If the incoming call to the Nufone 800 number does not have blocked caller
id, then the caller id info will show up on the SIP devices as well as the
voicemail notification email.

In both cases, the caller id will show up on the iaxy.

I found these differences in behavior by dialling in from a POTS line with
blocked caller ID then unblocking with *82.

Does this give anyone a clue as to what can be going on?  One guess would be
that the when there is a blocked caller ID the IAX devices and voicemail
receive the ANI substituted for the caller ID and the SIP devices don't get
that substitution and just see unknown caller id.  However, I can't find any
variable on the wiki that represents ANI in order to test this theory.

Any ideas out there?