[Asterisk-Users] Disabling SELinux in FC3 - good or bad

Matt Roth mroth at imminc.com
Fri Feb 10 10:23:40 MST 2006

Zach A wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I had problem running MySQL on FC3 and what I found from googling was
>that SELinux should be disabled to make MySQL work n FC3. Now I am
>concerned about Asterisk, is it a good idea to disable SELinux. Or is
>there any other way to make MySQL work without disabling SELinux?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Zeeshan A Zakaria

Zach,

I've been running Asterisk on FC3 without SELinux for a few months with
no problems.  As long as security is not a major concern, I think it may
just be complicating things for you.

If security is a concern, try hitting the Fedora users list
<http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list>.  Someone there
should be able to help you get MySQL running under SELinux.

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions
Software Engineer and Systems Developer