[Asterisk-Users] Forwarding any number issue

Leon Yong Li leon.li at stonedike.com
Fri Feb 10 09:16:27 MST 2006

Hi everyone:

I'm new to the list and forgive me if my question has been discussed
million times before. I have an asterisk box up and running supporting
about 10 extensions. I can setup extension to forward incoming calls to
an external number when its unavailable. My question is that is it
possible to have setup like this: Someone calls the number, or getts to
an extension, instead of being forwarded to a preset outside number,
could he get a prompt or oppurtunity to dial any number he wants to
forward to?

Similar senerio: if I have my asterisk at home with a VoIP number that's
capable of making free international calls, when I'm outside using my
cell phone, can I dial in then use my VoIP number to make long distance
calls? The only charge will only be from my cell phone to my VoIP number.

Thanx in advance for any hints.

Leon