[Asterisk-Users] 4 TE411P in one server installation

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 08:38:49 MST 2006

On 2/9/06, Raymond Chen <rchen at broadz.com> wrote:

> Does anyone try to install 2 or multiple TE411 card into one server?  Can it
> be done? What about stability?

 Depends what you are looking to do. I'd imagine you could get two of
the new TE411P's in doing G711. If you're doing dial around back out
on the same TDM trunks, you may be able to get even more than 2 boards
in a machine since the newer TE411P cards know how to bridge two TDM
calls on the same board on the board itself rather than bringing it in
to the PCI bus and then back out again.

 However, if you're looking to do gateway functionality into a
compression codec like g729, I think Digium recommends no more than 2
cards per high horsepower machine as your bottleneck will then become
the CPU itself.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/