[Asterisk-Users] Possible for Asterisk to output CLID to invoke 3rd party app?

lists.digium.com at al-najjar.co.uk lists.digium.com at al-najjar.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 15:45:26 MST 2006

Hi all, please forgive me relative lack of knowledge with Asterisk, but I've
not played with PBX systems for a while and I'm just re-finding my feet.

I've set up my first Asterisk server, I have it configured with a Digium
X100P Analogue pots board, I have my Called ID working and everything is
hunky dorey with the server itself.

But. (and there's always a but) I want to pass inbound CLID information out
from Asterisk to other applications for display. Is there an easy way to do
this? I have some simple command line perl scripts that will take a number
as an argument when called and then do what I want with them (display the
caller information on my Squeezebox) but after trawling documentation and
mailing lists I can't find any way of doing this.

I'm probably missing something simple, but any pointers would be a great
help.

TIA

Seri