[Asterisk-Users] Codec negotiation

Ronald Voermans r.voermans at global-e.nl
Thu Feb 9 12:44:59 MST 2006

Florian,

What exactly do you mean by seperating traffic in to differt SIP peers?

The situation is as follows:

I have OpenSer connected to our SIP provider/PSTN Provider (the answer
to your question: Enertel).

Asterisk registers to OpenSer, which then forwards the call to PSTN.
Asterisk registers two numbers at OpenSer; one phonenumber and one
faxnumber. I also made two entries in sip.conf. However, the host=... Is
the same for both numbers. So incoming calls are always matched to one
(1) peer/entry in sip.conf. Hence the problem with negotiating the right
codec (g.729 for voice, g.711 for fax).

Met vriendelijke groet,
R.L.L.M. Voermans
Access & Hosting