[Asterisk-Users] Optimizing Linux to run Asterisk

Matt Schulte mschulte at netlogic.net
Thu Feb 9 11:49:39 MST 2006

Could anyone either recommend a website or howto on optimizing Linux to
run asterisk. Such examples of what I mean are..

Renice of asterisk pid's
Forcing irq smp_affinity  (For interupt hogging T1 cards)

.. That kind of stuff, I looked on the wiki and nothing directly
mentions server optimization. Or, is this something that *should* be
totally irrelevent when dealing with Asterisk.

P.S. I don't mean obvious things such as limiting I/O (ie: turn off
debug logging), killing daemons, etc.. ;-)

Thanks in advance
	Matt