[Asterisk-Users] FXS ATA and Pots wiring

Dovid Bender asteriskdigium at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 10:48:50 MST 2006

Hello list,
I am currently doing a job for a summer camp. They
would like to have several phones around the camp from
which people can call in to the main office. It is an
older campus and it is comprised of mostly old
nungalow type housing. I need to install these phones
several hundred yards from where the Asterisk server
will be. The way thier telecom wires are currently set
up is that they have the wires running from bunk house
to bunk house untill it reaches the last bunk house.
Sending Cat5 this way is out of the question because
of atenuation. I was thinking of having all of the FSA
ATA's near the server connecting thier current telco
wiring directly to the ATA's. Does anyone know how far
the signal will go ? Which ATA's are better for such a
layout ?

Regards,
Dovid