SOLVED: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP501 with Asterisk - distinctive ring?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Feb 9 10:27:04 MST 2006

On Thursday 09 February 2006 11:28, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> There are examples (IIRC) of making the phone auto-answer for specific
> types of calls; those should get you started, since they demonstrate how
> to have the phone choose a different 'alerting' configuration on a
> call-by-call basis.

Yup I just found some possibilities (with some help from people on the
Asterisk-Ontario list):

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Polycom+auto-answer+config

and after some more googling:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-September/061116.html

Now I'm just trying to see what else I can do with ALERT INFO and the
IP501.  :-)

-A.