[Asterisk-Users] re: Polycom IP501 with Asterisk - distinctive ring

Bill Michaelson bill at cosi.com
Thu Feb 9 10:12:49 MST 2006

The answer is yes, I think, but I don't recall precisely how off the top of my head, and I'm walking out the door in a moment.  The phone will hold more than a dozen distinct ring tones which you can create for yourself, and you can have asterisk direct it to use a ring tone independently of line appearance. The most direct way would be with the SIP Alert-Info field, but the phone itself can associate ring tones with specific callers from its contact directory too. Hopefully, someone will chime in with more precise (and helpful) detail before I return to the office, but I hope my reassurance is helpful anyway...